Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi mi 10t or galaxy A52 5G

• 03-07-2021 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

I'm buying a new phone today and I'm stuck between these two.

Which one would you buy ??? Camera is important to me. Both have great cameras and good reviews. They are working out at similar prices from a local retailer to me.

Thanks

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10631&idPhone2=10473

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

We have the 10TPro which has a slightly better camera 108mp and OIS. Pictures can be stunning out of it.

Otherwise would be similar to the 10T. Very fast. One thing is it's big heavy phone. I'm not sure I could live the weight myself. I went with a pixel for that reason. But the 10T has way more bang for buck than the pixel.

The Samsung gets great reviews. So it will come down to small details. Very little between them otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Flinty997 wrote: »
    We have the 10TPro which has a slightly better camera 108mp and OIS. Pictures can be stunning out of it.

Otherwise would be similar to the 10T. Very fast. One thing is it's big heavy phone. I'm not sure I could live the weight myself. I went with a pixel for that reason. But the 10T has way more bang for buck than the pixel.

The Samsung gets great reviews. So it will come down to small details. Very little between them otherwise.

It is a heavy phone alright, I will deal with it if the performance is much better then the A52

I think the A52 is the same as my pixel in terms of performance. I think it's great. But you'd notice the extra oomph on the 10t pro.

Would you rather a 144hz LCD on the 10t or a 120hz OLED on the a52?
    I'd take One UI on the Samsung over MIUI in the Xiaomi.

Jacksie66. wrote: »

The gamer would want the faster screen and phone

I'd prefer stock over either. But if you can't have that it comes down to personal choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I've never owned an oled phone before so maybe I'm missing out on something I don't know ? The 144hz on the Xiaomi has gotten great applause.

Its really about the camera this purchase. I'll be using it for some work related stuff so I need a good clear camera. I ended up buying nothing today because I'm so indecisive.

OLED is brighter with better colours...

I've never owned an oled phone before so maybe I'm missing out on something I don't know ? The 144hz on the Xiaomi has gotten great applause.

Its really about the camera this purchase. I'll be using it for some work related stuff so I need a good clear camera. I ended up buying nothing today because I'm so indecisive.

Honestly if camera is important to you I'd pick up a pixel 4a 5g instead. €329 unlocked from Vodafone I think. Brilliant camera, great battery, great screen. As Flinty said, stock Android is the way to go. First for updates and no bloatware.

I think the camera on the pixel or A52 will be better due to OIS which the Xiaomi doesn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

You'll get €55 cashback on the A52 if you buy from some retailers
    https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/summercashback/en-IE

• Advertisement
Advertisement