Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommendation for Instant Self Tanner

Options
  • 03-07-2021 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi

I've been trying the gradual tanners recently and just can't get it right on the legs. Have an event coming up where I'd like to go bare legged.

Any suggestions on a very good instant tanner that looks natural. I don't need to be bronzed - just something to take the whiteness away. Tried Sally Hansen (??) before but it looked like foundation on the legs.

I want something that will last the day and won't streak if it gets wet (rain, drink splashes etc).

MQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭waterfordgirl

For sally hanson i find it best not to moisturise prior to applying. It sinks in a bit better whereas if you've moisturised i think it sits on the legs, if you know what i mean? Like the moisturiser acts as a barrier to it sticking to the skin

I like bare by vogue too, but i dont know how well that would do in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Oppee

I recently bought Doves light to medium gradual tanning moisturising cream and it's been lovely. I use it every second day, obviously I shower everyday and on the last day of the week I do a deep exfoliation and start the process all over again. It's been the only tanning cream I can use that doesn't cause any outbreaks. I got it in boots for €9.99 which was fairly steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

+1 for Dove

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Must purchase that so. WFH is great for the beauty routines. Spend the mornings sitting in my towel with face packs on etc taking calls. Tell them my broadband is too weak for video :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Oppee

Haha clever thing about WFH is being able to doss about without being caught. Enjoy the tanner and let us know how you got on :)

• Advertisement

I tried this.

I go another way for tanning cause smear on is just bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Dove mousse is unreal also and only a fiver (its always on offer in supermarket and boots) - I use the med to dark on upper body and the light one on my legs. The dark isn't really dark so would be ok but I'm afraid to make a mess of the legs. You could put it on and go straight out with it developing - it doesn't smell I find. Its a really natural colour but wont suit if you like a dark look.

For instant I love the Vita Liberata Body Blur - its like a makeup for your legs so gives a bit of coverage - it is pricey and you need a proper mitt for it - this super size is the best value you can get in it - it will last forever!

https://www.meagherspharmacy.ie/products/vita-liberata-body-blur-instant-hd-skin-finish-latte-light-200ml

I also picked up a mini tube on Asos recently for nights away. The Latte colour is the one I use but there is a Latte light available now;

Advertisement