Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread closed

Options
  • 03-07-2021 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Long time member of boards here and have found it very helpful over the years.

I do however have a bit of a grievance to the way anyone that voices a slight concern over a covid vaccine is labelled a conspiracy theorist, there was a thread closed on it yesterday and I also had a post deleted about it today.

As I said I’m a long time member of boards, follow various forums across a wide range of topics I’m not here to troll, but I do think mods labelling anyone with vaccine concerns as conspiracy theorists Is plain unacceptable.

Happy to discuss,

Many thanks
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

If people have concerns about the vaccines then in order not to be labelled conspiracy theorists they need to articulate those concerns without relying on the conspiracy theory playbook.

That’s not directed at you btw, I didn’t notice your posts on that thread but the OP started his post with “I’m not anti-vaxx” and then posted a load of anti-vaxx nonsense.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There are currently 8 vaccine threads across the fist 2 pages of the forum.

There was no need for another, particularly one framed in the way the OP did, which was clearly encouraging anti-vax/CT discussion.

Of course we already have "Will you take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?", which caters exactly for what was in the title of the closed thread (Anyone not getting the vaccine?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

I do understand there are multiple threads and you need to tidy it up somewhat, it just came across a bit sarcastic when the thread was closed and labelled with conspiracy theories. A large number of people are hesitant against getting this particular vaccine, doesn’t mean they are anti vax and they are entitled to there opinion just like everyone else without having to be labelled tin foil hats and conspiracy theorists.

Anyway just wanted to get my point across, it’s something that annoyed me yesterday, however today is a new day so moving on.

Cheers folks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We had reports about both the thread in general and specific posts. As I mention above though we had an active thread already dedicated to pretty much the same topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Beasty wrote: »
    We had reports about both the thread in general and specific posts. As I mention above though we had an active thread already dedicated to pretty much the same topic

But the reports coming in are no doubt from people who are very much pro vaccine, just because someone is pro vaccine doesn’t mean they are superior and hold a higher place in society where there opinion is the only one, it is after all a forum for discussion.

I’m not trying to get into a debate about vaccine here, my point is that not everyone is the same, I don’t care whether or not someone takes a vaccine, completely there choice, but as moderators you probably shouldn’t engage in the conspiracy theorist labelling.

Fully understand that if there is too many threads it needs to be tidied up, but you can’t claim someone is a theorist and close a thread because you don’t agree with what they’re saying.

Anyway, will leave it at that, appreciate you have a job to do, there’s enough high and mighty posters on boards, let’s not join them.

Enjoy the weekend!

• Advertisement
Advertisement