Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably priced gym near Stephens Green area?

Options
  • 03-07-2021 10:33pm

Flyfit on Aungier St is awesome, but a little far from where I'll be based.

Are there any other similar "chain" gyms for that kind of cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Senior

Icon on Camden Street is a great gym. But it is about 50 per month so probably above what you want to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Flyefit Baggot Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭Allinall

You won’t get much closer to Stephens Green than Aungier St.

How is it too far?

Allinall wrote: »
    You won’t get much closer to Stephens Green than Aungier St.

How is it too far?

Well I saw gyms that were closer, literally a stones throw from where I'm at, but they're poorly equipped and membership costs are laughable.

Thought there might be something similar to Flyfit but literally a stones throw from the Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Well I saw gyms that were closer, literally a stones throw from where I'm at, but they're poorly equipped and membership costs are laughable.

Thought there might be something similar to Flyfit but literally a stones throw from the Green.

Aungier street is less then 2 mins to Stephens green.

• Advertisement

LMHC wrote: »
    Aungier street is less then 2 mins to Stephens green.

It's exactly 750 meters (flyfit gym specifically), which on a bike is yeah, probably about 2 minutes or so.

2 minutes I could save if there was a closer gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

It's exactly 750 meters (flyfit gym specifically), which on a bike is yeah, probably about 2 minutes or so.

Maybe you should buy an old articulated lorry. You could install a gym in it and park it exactly where you are - all the time !!
    You could call it ‘gym lorry ‘ or ‘lorry gym’ ..

Imagine all the 2 minutes you’d save .

Stephens green Closest Gyms are Flyefit aungier, Icon Camden, YMCA aungier or Flyer Baggot, Markevicz gym Pearse street.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Senior wrote: »
    Icon on Camden Street is a great gym. But it is about 50 per month so probably above what you want to pay.

I went there for a couple of years and loved it, worth the price. Always had the steam room and sauna to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I went there for a couple of years and loved it, worth the price. Always had the steam room and sauna to myself.

Is that the old YMCA gym rebranded?

OP could do his exercising IN St Stephens green on his way to/from work - bring a set of kettlebells and runners in his backpack - save himself a few minutes walk and a few hundred quid. I not sure how he’d feel about doing laps with the quacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Is that the old YMCA gym rebranded?

No it's up over the Fresh opposite The Palace, I think it's been some kind of gym for a long time.

LMHC wrote: »
    Stephens green Closest Gyms are Flyefit aungier, Icon Camden, YMCA aungier or Flyer Baggot, Markevicz gym Pearse street.

Woah, YMCA is ideally located for me.

Will investigate to see what their facilities and prices look like.

No it's up over the Fresh opposite The Palace, I think it's been some kind of gym for a long time.

Yeah it was fitness dock before

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trinitys gym not too far from SSG and it has a swimming pool, sauna, steam room. Not sure what they charge now but it was cheap enough back in the day. Also has the advantage of being very quiet for a few months of the summer when students are away

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Trinitys gym not too far from SSG and it has a swimming pool, sauna, steam room. Not sure what they charge now but it was cheap enough back in the day. Also has the advantage of being very quiet for a few months of the summer when students are away

You mean Trinity college, TCD?

Does RCSI have a gym?

That is basically ON the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yes Trinity College, their gym is at the corner of Pearse St and Westland Row

RCSI have a gym but it is students only whereas Trinity allows the general public to join. Price is 450 a year for the first year and 420 for the following year(s) which is pretty decent for a gym with a swimming pool in the city centre. Its cheaper again for graduates of the college (360 then down to 330 for year 2)

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yes Trinity College, their gym is at the corner of Pearse St and Westland Row

RCSI have a gym but it is students only whereas Trinity allows the general public to join. Price is 450 a year for the first year and 420 for the following year(s) which is pretty decent for a gym with a swimming pool in the city centre.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what RCSI gym memberships cost, and how well would their gym be equipped compared to say, YMCA or FlyFit? (I've been known to be able to wrangle my way into "student only" amenities in the past).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Flyefit have a gym at the top of Baggot St above Tesco, it's cheap and rarely crowded. It's just a couple of minutes from Stephens green.

Advertisement