Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer - Two week ban

Options
  • 03-07-2021 10:47pm

During the England Germany Game of 29th June, after the English fans booed the German national anthem I was called up for the following comment and activated a ban for 2 weeks

I'm unaware of what part of the charter I offended ("no need"?) against and the comment itself seemed to strike a chord of agreement with many users on the forum (thanks) and none replied as offended by it and given the context of what the English fans has done booing the German national anthem I don't see the comment as out of context.

so I consider this harsh and unwarranted.

-> message received as follows ->

Dear glasso,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

ShamoBuc

Moderator Note

'Englush counts' - no need.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by glasso View Post

the absolutely punchable heads on some of those frenzied English counts in the crowd - would turn you against their team on that basis alone.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi glasso,

For the avoidance of doubt, you got the 2 week ban due to the totting up process in soccer, and this dispute is solely about whether or not your post warranted a yellow card.

"English counts" is clear abuse, and clearly a breach of the soccer charter. Being clever with spelling is not a mechanism for getting around the rules.

Yellow upheld, so the ban also stands.

You can appeal to admin if you wish to take the matter further.

it's not the same word at all - not just not the same spelling or being clever with spelling. the impact is completely different - far far less

should there not be the need to retrospective go through the soccer forum then for all incidences of the following then?

feck this,

fook that

etc. ?

what is the difference in this case?

and yes I understand the card - hence my term "activated a ban" because that was the effect, in effect

but I don't think the yellow is warranted - I'd like to pass this on to admin please

edit -> and should a mod with an Ulster jersey avatar really be adjudicating here in terms of supposed impartiality?!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

"counts" is very clearly trying to equate to "c*nts"

Card upheld

Ban follows

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement