Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Northbound dart Connolly platform 5

• 04-07-2021 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I'm not what anyone would describe as a regular user of the DART, but today I was rather surprised on my northbound DART journey to Connolly station to arrive into Connolly at platform 5.

In all of the times I have travelled northbound to Connolly it has never happened before.

So my question is to more regular passengers or those more familiar with the finer details of the timetable....how often do northbound darts use platform 5.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Late at night absolutely all services use p5. I would assume this was a late service?

This has been the case for years / decades

• Registered Users Posts: 25 thewexman93

L1011 wrote: »
    Late at night absolutely all services use p5. I would assume this was a late service?

This has been the case for years / decades

Thanks for the reply. I would never be on a late service so I didn't know that thanks.

The one I'm talking about was the 13:23 arrrival into Connolly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Both directions using P5, or just northbound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Both directions - they close off 6/7 and there's not many/any Connolly start/terminating services at that time so they also don't use 1-4.

This is just for the last hour or so of service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Was there a Maynooth train sitting on platform 7 (or do they still do that)?

Post edited by GerardKeating on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

The lift on plat 5 might have been out of order and a wheelchair needing to come off the northbound train. It's one reason it may have happened.

Advertisement