Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this sound likei need to replace the printhead?

Options
  • 04-07-2021 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

So my question is given the symtons below, which are very inconsistent, does that suggest an electronic problem i'll have to replace? Or should i just keep trying to clean this thing?

So my Canon MG6450 printer starting printing a mess. Once or twice i got the apparently infamous B200 error but havn't seen it agian since my first manual cleaning of the print head. Most of the time it just refuses to recognise some of the colours...

But its NOT the same colours! Mostly only the black and pink are working, sometimes the other colours go back and the pink disappears.

After several cleans, all but the pink i can get working most of the time but now the overall quality is worse with streaks everywhere and then the Black will suddenly switch off.

If anything the cleaning might actually be making the problem worse in someways.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

wreade1872 wrote: »
    So my question is given the symtons below, which are very inconsistent, does that suggest an electronic problem i'll have to replace? Or should i just keep trying to clean this thing?

So my Canon MG6450 printer starting printing a mess. Once or twice i got the apparently infamous B200 error but havn't seen it agian since my first manual cleaning of the print head. Most of the time it just refuses to recognise some of the colours...

But its NOT the same colours! Mostly only the black and pink are working, sometimes the other colours go back and the pink disappears.

After several cleans, all but the pink i can get working most of the time but now the overall quality is worse with streaks everywhere and then the Black will suddenly switch off.

If anything the cleaning might actually be making the problem worse in someways.

You got a good run out of a cheap printer, it's up to 7 years old, worth replacing it now, you'll get even more for your money these days. What you need to spend is determined by your use case, if it's just printing off the odd Ryanair ticket you don't need to spend much more than €40 if you print 1000's of sheets for business then their are much better options, which will ofc cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

wreade1872 wrote: »
    Does this sound likei need to replace the printhead?
    Do you have sledge hammer?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭wreade1872

Giving it one more clean then i'll give it up. Even though i've been getting into Print n Play board games laterly if it was just me i'd go for the cheapest replacement printer... but nooo, someone in the house wants a scanner that they're ging to use once every 5 years or so. Fine we'll get a new printer with a scanner... but noooo someone doesn't want a new one becasue they think its better to stick with the one you know how to use... FINE!!! we'll get a replacement print head... they're all about €40 quid... but nooo... lets shop around for a few weeks to see if we can find a cheaper one...

I hate the human race.

Advertisement