Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat won't record Channel 4

• 04-07-2021 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭

I have a strange problem. My Foxsat HDR Freesat won't record the formula 1 on Channel 4. When I click on the EPG there's no record option. But it will record on Channel 4+1. No other Channel 4 programs seem to be affected.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Because CH4 HD is not on the FreeSat EPG I've heard others saying they had to set the timer on the SD version then manually edit the timer to the HD version instead. I don't have a FreeSat box so can't confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Because CH4 HD is not on the FreeSat EPG I've heard others saying they had to set the timer on the SD version then manually edit the timer to the HD version instead. I don't have a FreeSat box so can't confirm.

It was the SD version that wouldn't record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Would it be geo blocked?

muffler wrote: »
    Would it be geo blocked?

Strange for one program & my Humax thinks I am in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

Probably a rights issue due to Bernie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Strange, I record Fargo on Channel 4 on serial link every week, records fine, I'm using the original Freesat Foxsat hdr.

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Strange, I record Fargo on Channel 4 on serial link every week, records fine, I'm using the original Freesat Foxsat hdr.

I have no problem with any other channel 4 program. It was just Formula 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭NewClareman

FRIENDO wrote: »

There is a patch for that box that allows recording in the clear. I suspect it would also solve your issue.

There is a patch for that box that allows recording in the clear. I suspect it would also solve your issue.

There's no update on the box. Where do you get it?

Advertisement