Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Ceed hitch?

Options
  • 05-07-2021 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I want to get a fixed hitch for my Kia Ceed 2014 estate car. It has parking sensors. Do I have to bring it to a Kia dealers to get it done or can I get it done by a hitch supplier? I got a quote of €399 to have a fixed hitch with 7 pin lighting socket from a hitch supplier. I was then told "If you want the sensors to disengage when towing you would need a Kia wiring loom and you would have to get the car programmed at a Kia garage." How much extra does that cost? Has anyone got a hitch on a Kia Ceed in a Kia dealers and what did it cost? Were you happy with the service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭zg3409

Loekey wrote: »
    Hi, I want to get a fixed hitch for my Kia Ceed 2014 estate car. It has parking sensors. Do I have to bring it to a Kia dealers to get it done or can I get it done by a hitch supplier? I got a quote of €399 to have a fixed hitch with 7 pin lighting socket from a hitch supplier. I was then told "If you want the sensors to disengage when towing you would need a Kia wiring loom and you would have to get the car programmed at a Kia garage." How much extra does that cost? Has anyone got a hitch on a Kia Ceed in a Kia dealers and what did it cost? Were you happy with the service?

You should ring your dealer for a quote. Dealer could just do wiring and you might be able to get hitch cheaper elsewhere

You want a removable hitch if you want reversing sensors to work properly when not towing but some cars are ok with fixed hitch.

I would be less worried about reverse sensors and more worried about abs and other automatic braking systems. When the car knows it's towing a trailer these systems work differently to prevent trailer jack knifing etc. If you are towing anything anyway heavy it might be important for cars breaking systems to know this.

Advertisement