Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are other tired accountants

Options
  • 05-07-2021 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just posting this more to see if any other accountants feel as I do. I am basically a one man band so everything to be done in the office falls on myself. Over the last year its been relentless with CRO deadlines, work for clients so they can qualify for schemes etc and today I honestly woke up and felt pure exhaustion - never felt anything like it before (maybe I am getting old). Then when I get up I have an email from a client about a CT return to be filed. I am honestly fit to throw the co mputer against the wall.

I hope nobody else is loike this but in a way if there was others feeling like this it may be theraputic to know we are not alone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

Don't worry I too feel in the same boat at the moment, between TWSS/EWSS and any other schemes that are going. Also IOSS now due to Brexit, constant deadlines with Revenue and CRO (if they dont get extended....), RBOs and Payroll... The last year and a half has been a long one now to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 deruler

Agree with this, it's unrelenting. I am not looking for sympathy because I chose this career path but it's tough in a small practice at the moment. Loads of small things pop daily that clients want to be attended ASAP, it just kills momentum. The TWSS/EWSS/CRSS eligibility checks/reconciliations are all time consuming work! Evenings and weekends are the most productive times to get work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

deruler wrote: »
    Agree with this, it's unrelenting. I am not looking for sympathy because I chose this career path but it's tough in a small practice at the moment. Loads of small things pop daily that clients want to be attended ASAP, it just kills momentum. The TWSS/EWSS/CRSS eligibility checks/reconciliations are all time consuming work! Evenings and weekends are the most productive times to get work done.

Ah the joys of remote access/working now...

Would you recommend someone leave a large audit practice or industry earning €80k in Dublin to set up their own practice?

Why did you decide to set up your own practice?

• Advertisement
Advertisement