Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV problems

Options
  • 05-07-2021 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, we had a solar PV installation put in Nov 2019, with an SEAI grant and a registered contractor.
    Over the months we have had a number of 'fixes' and the contractor has become quite curt.
    We purchased the system principally because I want to have hot water on demand (and save the planet of course), and right now, in July with this very warm sunny weather and long days, we have no hot water. We just came back from a week away with only the fridge plugged in, and still not hot water.
    I understand how the battery fills etc, but with no electricity usage in a week surely there should have been enough overflow to heat the water.
    The wifi monitoring stopped working some months ago.
    In despair I contacted SEAI today and they tell me 1) contractor is no longer registered with them - and they can't, with GDPR, tell me why
    2) they didn't inspect our particular installation, that's done on an ad-hoc basis when they BER test, and we didn't get selected
    3) our warranty is with the installer OR we can contact the manufacturers of the individual pieces of equipment.

Has anyone found themselves in this situation? €11750 for the installation, and 20 months down the road, it's a bitter pill
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement