Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flickering Screen

Options
  • 05-07-2021 6:52pm

Hi,

I wonder can anyone help.

I have an Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH laptop which has been going great - it is only about 16 months old.
    It did some kind of update on 28th of June - I see that from update records- and gradually since then the screen has been flickering. Every few seconds. The update included update to Nvidia driver. Nvidia Graphics Driver 457.49 installed on 28/06/21

I rolled back a general windows update yesterday and it calmed the flickering a lot although did not get rid of completely. The computer said a Bios update was needed today which I installed and it has made the flickering much worse.

I have googled what to do and there is a lot of talk about booting up in safe mode before uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and it makes me nervous!

Roll back update is greyed out on Nvidia driver.

Is there anything I can do - I am not very computer literate but I can follow clear instructions. My laptop is mainly used for graphics stuff so I don't want to mess this up!

Thanks.

Advertisement