Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPZ calculator

Options
  • 05-07-2021 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to increase rent on a house which i have rented out.

Will not have increased it in 5 years but because of the legislation due to pass on Friday If i do not increase i will be limited to say 1.7% annual inflation rate from current rent amount. I last increased the rent 17/11/2016 prior to the RPZ rules coming into place on 24/12/2016.

So say i give notice from tomorrow the rent increase will be effective 18 November 2021 to give the full 5 years since last increase. I am aware of the new format, plus usual requirements to show market rent via 3 comparables and notify the RTB.

However my question is...and i asked the RTB this a year or two ago and got no answer.

If i am to use the online RPZ calculator it is 60 months / 24 months and not 12 months. Yes initally when RPZ came into play the 4% increase was only after 2 years however this calculation is taking 4% every 2 years not just the initial 2 years. So my increase limit is 10% not 20% (4% per year for 5 years)

I think its a flaw with the calculator. The RTB were to investigate but never came back to me. Any thoughts?

Advertisement