Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Employer PRSI

Options
  • 05-07-2021 10:37pm

Has Ireland a scheme whereby if someone is employed less than certain number of hours, 20 hours? the employer does not have to pay PRSI for them? I am not talking of FAS CE schemes

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

No, even if an employee is class J (retired or earning less than €38 a week) a small percentage or employers prsi is still payable. There’s a full list here:
    https://assets.gov.ie/34663/dd45122337794226b3da649bf273c9f2.pdf

No, even if an employee is class J (retired or earning less than €38 a week) a small percentage or employers prsi is still payable. There’s a full list here:
    https://assets.gov.ie/34663/dd45122337794226b3da649bf273c9f2.pdf
    Thanks.Didn't that used to be the case before less than 20 hours i think no employer prsi?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I worked two part time jobs 17 years ago and there was employers prsi paid then. So it’s been like it is now a very long time.

I worked two part time jobs 17 years ago and there was employers prsi paid then. So it’s been like it is now a very long time.
    OK thanks. Is there any advantage for an employer to have two part time staff, each working half a week, rather than one full time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭Tow

PRSI rates have nothing to do will hours worked per week. The system works on bands of pay per week, which in turn decide the PRSI sub class and the percentages paid.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭AnRothar

Yes, from a tactical perspective.

Should one go sick for example it may be possible to get the other part timer to work a few extra hours to cover the shortfall.

Advertisement