Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water connection upgrade

Options
  • 05-07-2021 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,
    as part of a residential extension of a house in Dublin, I'm planning to dig up the existing aged water supply in the garden and install a new one. Do I have to contact Irish Water to reconnect the new supply or does the plumber reconnect it? The connection points stay the same. I can't find a relevant section on IW website that would describe the process for connection upgrades like this.

Any advice on the pipe size? AFAIK the service connection in the public part is 25mm.

Much appreciated

Comments

pochard wrote: »
    Hi all,
    as part of a residential extension of a house in Dublin, I'm planning to dig up the existing aged water supply in the garden and install a new one. Do I have to contact Irish Water to reconnect the new supply or does the plumber reconnect it? The connection points stay the same. I can't find a relevant section on IW website that would describe the process for connection upgrades like this.

Any advice on the pipe size? AFAIK the service connection in the public part is 25mm.

Much appreciated

If its lead, you might get a grant

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭SC024

pochard wrote: »
    Hi all,

Much appreciated

assuming its not lead, will be down to builder / plulmber from their water metre/ stopcock in. normally 3/4 O.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭selfbuild17

If you’re only upgrading the pipe within you own property, you don’t need to involve IW. IW now specify 20mm internal diameter pipe (blue) for new connections

Advertisement