Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query regarding ACCA modules & NFQ ranking

• 06-07-2021 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Evening all.

I’ve tried Googling this for the last hour or so and can’t find an answer so hoping someone here can help me out.

So bit of context first. I started as a trainee accountant a few years ago, done F1, F2, F3 & F4 exams and passed them all was happy at work etc. however due to family circumstances (had a child, became single income household) I could no longer survive on a trainee accountants salary so I left the firm I was at and took up work that paid better but had no real long term prospects. Now back in an accounts assistant role the last couple of years and I’ve seen a job advertised with Revenue that I would like to apply for. To be considered for this role you must have:

a) Obtained a minimum of a Level 6 Qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in at least ONE of the following fields of learning: Taxation, Accounting, Law, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Finance
    OR
    b) Obtained a minimum of a Level 6 Qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in a discipline which included at least one of the fields of learning in 5.1(a) as a major subject
    OR
    c) Obtained a minimum of a Level 6 Qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in Commerce or Business Studies with a financial discipline as a major subject in at least one of the fields of learning in 5.1(a) above
    OR
    d) Hold an internationally recognised industry certified equivalent qualification in at least one of these areas (e.g. A.I.T.I., Tax Technician, Accounting Technician), that Revenue agrees to be at least an equivalent or higher standard to the above.

Will my completing the F1 - F4 of ACCA modules make me eligible for this role as defined by the criteria above?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Generally the current F1-F3 equivalent exams gain you an ACCA Diploma in Accounting & Business. They are more or less equivalent to the content of most Accounting Technician exams (these are what you get exemption from if you go for ACCA and already have a technician qualification). This Dip has UK RFQ 4 status, which is generally considered equivalent of NFQ 6, however it has not been awarded that status here.

See: https://www.accaglobal.com/an/en/student/exam-entry-and-administration/exam-results/types-of-certificates.html

Best suggestion - try see if you can get a pdf cert for the Dip. Login in to your myacca if you still have access and see if you can download a copy or contact ACCA and ask. No guarantees they accept as equivalent but it might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Discovery75

Hi just came across this thread !im in a similar situation and just wondering what outcome you had ?

Advertisement