Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a security code from abroad

Options
  • 06-07-2021 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have noticed that when I get a security code sent to my phone from the website, it goes through without issues, but when I tried to set up online banking on my phone from your app, it would not send a security code to the phone.

I am currently outside the EU. The issue could be one of two things:

1) you have two locations where you store individuals phone numbers and one that does not have the country code is currently being fed into the app.
    2) your app does not include country code when sending a security code.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could look into it.

Kind regards,

Kate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Klee8 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have noticed that when I get a security code sent to my phone from the website, it goes through without issues, but when I tried to set up online banking on my phone from your app, it would not send a security code to the phone.

I am currently outside the EU. The issue could be one of two things:

1) you have two locations where you store individuals phone numbers and one that does not have the country code is currently being fed into the app.
    2) your app does not include country code when sending a security code.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could look into it.

Kind regards,

Kate
    Hi Kate

Thanks for checking in with us here.

With the phone number registered you can use an international number to receive the SMS. 

If you are able to login on the site, you can investigate further by selecting Services and scroll to Send a Message a colleague can investigate this further with you. Alternatively you can call 0035314606410 and a colleague will be happy to help. Team are available weekdays 9am-5pm 

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement