Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf for 7 and 9 year old girls

Options
  • 06-07-2021 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

I recently got into golf. I joined a club that have a pitch and put course as well.

I’d like to get my girls into it and could use the pitch and putt course to give them a flavour for it.

But I’m having trouble with what clubs to get them bearing in mind they might not like it so I don’t want to spent a fortune!

On decathlon’s site they have a set for 5-7 but no next step up for say 8-10.

Even if I could get a pitching wedge and a putter that’d be enough to get them started and see if they like it

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Try used, I bought a used set with mini driver, an iron, a wedge and a putter and carry bag for something like €40, perfect for that age group.
    Tried it on all three of my daughters but alas to no avail....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

slave1 wrote: »
    Try used, I bought a used set with mini driver, an iron, a wedge and a putter and carry bag for something like €40, perfect for that age group.
    Tried it on all three of my daughters but alas to no avail....

Hadn’t thought of that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You can pick up a few clubs in Sports Direct for very little. I find the store itself can have more of a selection than online sometimes so worth a trip if close by.

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-ikon-irons-junior-871017#colcode=87101708

Failing that, try out your local pro, they might have a few to get started or might cut down a putter for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

PARlance wrote: »
    You can pick up a few clubs in Sports Direct for very little. I find the store itself can have more of a selection than online sometimes so worth a trip if close by.

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-ikon-irons-junior-871017#colcode=87101708

Failing that, try out your local pro, they might have a few to get started or might cut down a putter for you.

I went down to sports direct in blanch yesterday but the selection was brutal. Maybe just low stock or high demand. Either way didn’t have a putter so I left it.

Tbh I’ll most likely go the second hand route now. They seem to go quick on adverts though so I’ll need to be sharp!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I went down to sports direct in blanch yesterday but the selection was brutal. Maybe just low stock or high demand. Either way didn’t have a putter so I left it.

Tbh I’ll most likely go the second hand route now. They seem to go quick on adverts though so I’ll need to be sharp!

Have spotted a few on facebook marketplace as well. My kids are 7 & 8 and our course has just opened a P&P, they love it. Great to get them into it at an early age.

• Advertisement
Advertisement