Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not notifying sender email was opened

Options
  • 06-07-2021 10:00am

How can I read an email in gmail without the sender knowing I opened it and without having to keep the phone on plane mode?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Free Gmail doesn't have read receipts. How do you know that the sender knows you've opened the email, is it a pixel tracker? How are you accessing Gmail, is it in a browser or via an app?

Can access gmail by laptop chrome or android app but can't leave it on airplane mode.

I want to block all tracking pixels, read receipts and whatever else I don't know about that notifies the sender I opened the email.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

You could use something like Pi-Hole for the trackers, but it's not foolproof (and you'd need to know about the trackers) https://pi-hole.net/

An alternate solution would be to use an offline client, such as Thunderbird maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Can access gmail by laptop chrome or android app but can't leave it on airplane mode.

I want to block all tracking pixels, read receipts and whatever else I don't know about that notifies the sender I opened the email.

There's an option to block images in android gmail app....assume a pixel is also blocked.

Tracking could also be via unique URLs in the email so never click on them.

Ideally, use an email client that loads emails in plain text only.

Advertisement