Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwired smoke alarm can't find battery!

Options
  • 06-07-2021 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

As the title says, I have 2 hardwired smoke alarms both of which have started chirping so I'm assuming the back up batteries need replacing. Problem is I can't locate it, see attached photo, I'm thinking maybe it's a small watch-type battery?

Any insights gratefully received, the beeping has been going on for a week now :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

That looks like it is wired in alarm cable. Therefore I would guess that these are part of your intruder alarm. This would mean that the battery is in the intruder alarm panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mocmo

Ah....that makes sense! I'll go and take a look, thanks for the reply!

Advertisement