Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doctors certificate

Options
  • 06-07-2021 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

i got a cert from my doctor for a week. just says will miss work for one week. when does the week finish. what days do i count.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

If it was issued today, the normal interpretation would be that it covers the 6th to the 12th, and you'd be due back in next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Myownperson

wench wrote: »
    If it was issued today, the normal interpretation would be that it covers the 6th to the 12th, and you'd be due back in next Tuesday

thanks it was the 30th i got it. so am i due back tomorrow or thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

thanks it was the 30th i got it. so am i due back tomorrow or thurs

If you work 5 days per week, and you were off the 30th, then you are due back tomorrow.

Dav010 wrote: »
    If you work 5 days per week, and you were off the 30th, then you are due back tomorrow.

brilliant (not!) - thanks a mill. i got a letter from my job stating i was back on 5th!

What was the last day you worked, were you in last Mon/Tue?

• Advertisement

i went home sick on Tuesday and went to doc on wed.

Ok, so if they take your illness as starting on Tue, and dating the week to include that, you should have been back today.
    I can't see how they can say you should have been back yesterday, "the rest of this calendar week" would be an odd interpretation of a week to recover.

wench wrote: »
    Ok, so if they take your illness as starting on Tue, and dating the week to include that, you should have been back today.
    I can't see how they can say you should have been back yesterday, "the rest of this calendar week" would be an odd interpretation of a week to recover.

i will go in tomorrow. if there is a future one i will get doc to put in exact dates. thanks for your replies appreciate it.

Advertisement