Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relocating sewer pipe

Options
  • 06-07-2021 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I live in a groundfloor apartment. There's another 3 bed one above me. The property has changed hands a year ago. Since that their drainage blockin up every 6 weeks and overflowing into my garden.
    The inspection cover where the waste comes from is in the corner where my rear door is (when I open the door fully, it bangs against the vertical pipe). So when I open the door and step out, I literally walking on a soiled surface when the overflow happens.
    The is neighbour is clueless, he wouldn't even mention calling an engineer in order to investigate. (TBH right after the had moved in there was some modification made to their pipes overhead, installed 1-2 more bends into the system and this could cause a slower flush, but this is my guessing.)
    I have to check the manhole every week because I'm the one who is facing the real sh1t.

Question 1: who is responsible to sort this issue? (We have a maintenance company in the mix as well.)
    Question 2: is it legal to have a waste pipe so close the door, posing danger to health and disgusting annoyance? Can I get this relocated from here?

It's atrocious, vomit inducing when I think there is only a thin plastic lid separating me from someone else's solid waste, and the 'monster' could appear any time when the 6 weeks is gone. Completely sick of it!

Advertisement