Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K22

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gilberto, what online mode do you mostly play? I haven't really touched it yet but finding the old gym for matchmaking brilliant. Haven't played any Park or Rec games yet.

I was tapping away at my music side business and runoff decided to do a few quests in a row. Most have been the end of the quest line as i got a larger to fund my own studio, bought a building, signed The Game and put on a rap show. This didn't cost me anything and i came out with 50k vc from just those quests. Went from an 81 to 85. Now THAT was worth doing.

Reached 90 rating and having a lot of fun with my PG. I asked for a request ages back and choose the public way that would make things quicker but I'd be less liked. I've just reached January and still no sign of a trade. Hoping to get onto the Bulls to drag them up the rankings before the playoff.

I was watching Chris Smoove do his usual 2nd career with a centre and said I'd give it a go. Being a 7'3 paint beast is actually a lot of fun, even at 60 rating. I'm getting A grades in each game, where as a PG, i was averaging B+, A- at best. Doing the city basic quests again for annoying so i switched to the WNBA career as i don't think you need VC to up your rating. Made a 6'10 (max height) paint beast and even though i start at rating 80 something, she's shyte. It's a lot of fun though get blocks, rebounds and easy baskets backing down defenders. I'd love to get a standing dunk but not sure if it's possible with the women.

This is on sale on PSN at the moment. 52.50 or 80 for Anniversary Edition. Made me check 2nd hand prices and very strangely it's not listed on cex and no one selling it in adverts, donedeal or Facebook.

As posted in PlayStation bargain thread, this is now 45 in Smyths, both old and new gen versions. Absolutely worth it for that. Season 2 statsy today with a bunch of rewards including Rebirth where if you get a player to 90, you can start a new player on a rebirth save file to get access to 90 rating straight away (i assume you still need to pump in vc) and up to 30 badges to start off. I think the badges are even more important than attributes this year so that sounds good.

• Advertisement

Tried to the Rebirth quest which is play 10 city games for any affiliation, either 3v3 or 2v2. First game, I got kicked by a squad at the last few seconds, absolute waste of standing around. 2nd game had an awful ball hog who lost us the game. The 3rd and up I was with the same 2 randoms and we wrecked everyone. Something else when you find teammates that just click even with no mics.

NBA 2K22 is 55 in Gamestop but more importantly, the 75th anniversary edition is down from 100 to 65. That's an unreal price as you get 100k VC among other stuff to get an instant boost to your player. VC is the devil's work but this is their best NBA game on a long long time, absolutey recommend the 75 anniversary edition at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bring that Anniversary edition down to 40 and they have a deal.

Having an absolute blast with this, think it's the best 2K they ever put out despite all the shyte that unfortunately goes with these games every year now like VC.

After leaning heavy into the trade rumors and making it very public, i finally got traded to my pick, the Bulls, at the start of January. Whole new list of goals came up from my dev coach and next main goal is to make the all Star team so it's good there are short and mid term goals to go for.

2 games with the Bulls and both A+ games. My second where i scored 40 got me backlash for breaking the 'unwritten rule' of not easing up in a blowout. I hate that rule in real life so i was glad i was able to stand by my choice.

Played some park, specifically the Old Gym where it's instant match making and no squads allowed, absolute God send for this series. Some bad games horrible players who wouldn't come back to defend and then wouldn't pass if they got it but the majority were with actual good players who passed and set screen. Really enjoyed it. Last game though, my team consisting of 3 guards went up against a team with a 7ft+ paint beast and there was nothing we could do. He got all the boards and couldn't stop his put backs.

I unlocked Rebirth which allows you to create a new player starting with up to 30 badges and unlocks from all the quests you did with the first player so i made a 7'2 Paint Beast. The 60 rating is tough but having 30 badges from the off is a huge bonus. Blocks and telling are more satisfying than scoring at the moment. I have never created a 2nd player in 2k as i focus on one and trade the game when i get a bit bored but I'm looking forward to juggling both players and eventually bringing my Big to online games.

My Big was shyte, couldn't dunk, couldn't alley oop and couldn't shoot 3's even though that was never my plan, i found myself open a lot. Rebuilt my big 4 times and finally landed on an excellent build. Can dunk, post beast, shoot 3's, grab all the boards and the blocks i pull off are more satisfying than any broken ankle I did as PG. Absolutely loving the build. I had 30k vc built up from quests and games, put it all into my big, gonna focus on him for a while.

• Advertisement

I haven't really played since FIFA came out.

The only game mode I've been playing is the no squads 3v3.

Finding the Career games just way too stale now as it's a similar engine and game than the last umpteen years.

Badly needs a shake up now.

Think I've only put it on once since FIFA and I only played no squads for a while.

Anyone know when Request a Trade becomes available? During the Trade Drama quest in career, i accidentally chose to stay with my team even though i really wanted off the 76ers, such a bad fit for my current build.

Ever since then, any option i get is to stay at my team and they even made me Captain. Ridiculous from one mistake out of about 10 different questions thoughout that quest.

Right, so this is now on Plus and time for me to give it a go. My question: how much do I have to lose before I can earn enough VC to make my apparently amazing upcoming character actually be able to play basketball? I feel like I'm back to square one of not having played a basketball game since NBA Jam. The hours I've spent in the previous games mean nothing by the looks of it. But I'm also 100% convinced it's because I haven't spent any actual money on the game. The new shooting system... Like, I created a PF to dunk, and he has yet to do one outside of practice... And he can't shoot for crap. I've even dropped it down to Rookie and can't even get near a good performance.

Reading online, it seems if you lose the first college game, you're kicked out of college and into some other tournament. Advice appears to be: Upgrade your character before you play your first college game. Or in 2K speak, spend (more) money to make the game playable. I am so happy I haven't spent money on this. I thought the last one upped the ante, at least it had a playable career... this... a new low. I hope EA or someone else comes along and forces this crowd to change. It's actually disgusting how blatant the push to buy VC is here. I now completely understand the recommendation to get the 75th edition, because it appears unplayable otherwise (MyCareer anyway, the only part I'm interested in!).

Yupp, the college games are **** tough, harder than nba games as the guys you're marking will be super stars. I was level 85 going into it and still had a tough time running the tournament. That's about 200k VC iirc which was covered by the 75 edition, else you'd be spending 50 quid real money. Absolutely disgusting for such a gated entry. Now, you could ignore college a while and do city quests. Following the awful awful fashion and music quests gets you 200k vc if not more and gets your player good enough to compete. Chris brickly's gym is a great way to get mamba badges. Other than that, forget college and go G League. Easier than college but still tough as a base player.

I went back to this a few times over the last month over the nba finals being on to create a new career but it was so awful unless you put money into it, i just stopped playing and installed nba love 19 which I'm having more fun with albeit not as polished.

2k should be free to play, then I'd gladly buy vc to pump up my player. The city quests are an awful grind, spent more time skateboarding around then a Tony hawk's game. Then there's doing fashion cat walks and literal fetch quests for rappers, just incredibly awful stuff and blatantly to up 'play' time to show their sponsors to get more money.

I'm hoping Gamestop make a mistake with 2k23 and mark the top edition as the base price on day one like last year, otherwise I'll be waiting for a sale. Ps plus is ideal, wouldn't mind dropping money on vc then but I'd find it hard to wait a year for a basketball fix. The top edition at half price is the way to go as you'll be at least able to compete at the start

I cannot wait for EA Live to come back!

I'm checked out of this game now until they innovate.

The only enjoyable aspect is the random 3v3 and it died on the Xbox months back.

I tried it maybe around Dec or so and couldn't find a game.

Sold the disc version on but tried it again when it went onto Xbox Game Pass recently, and still couldn't get a walk on 3v3 game.

Career mode is just too stale at this point.

Feel like I'm playing the same game for years now.

The lack of innovation in sports games the last 10 years is awful.

Literally across the board there's few options and none have them have innovated substantially since the PS3/360 days.

FIFA 13 looks feck all different than 22 and NBA is not much different.

Yeah, I'm done with it. I've tried a few more times since and it's pointless. I refuse to give them money. And not a hope I'll do some fashion bollox or fetch quests either, I want to play basketball ffs! How hard is it to create a standalone career mode where you get better as you progress without real life money being considered. I won't be buying another 2K game again and hope EA come back with something. It also feels like it's going the Fifa route of realism > fun. 

I wouldn't mind starting at 60 if i could start my career in highschool with other 60 rated players. Then as you improve your stats through games and training, you can start college games / G League / Summer camp / Draft. If someone wants to buy their way to 85 straight away, let them go straight to draft. At the moment, 2k actually punishes you if you don't buy your way to 85 straight away. I fully believe the awful quests are designed that way to make your so frustrated you just buy vc. If you decide to give up the game instead, they already have your money. No idea how they get away with it every year, lack of competition I guess.

I see NBA 2K23 is the main sponsor for the NBA Summer League starting next month so will surely have some info about the game but i honestly can't see a change to the city. The amount of money they must get from sponsors, promising players will spend hundreds of hours looking at a mountain dew billboard because we'll make players have to slowly run from 1 billboard to another, there's no way 2K will suddenly develop a 'user first' experience and we actually make the game fun.

Yeah, it's blatant how they're pushing for MTs so I've decided to not give them a cent ever again. I'll never buy a 2K game. But people like me are in the minority and loads still throw their wages at this. Can't see it changing until there's proper competition again. Next year maybe!

Ok, i went back to this and got hooked again (the absolute ups and downs from this game!). I tried a few SG's, SF's and PF's as i never tried those before. My PG and Center are highly enjoyable I'd love a mix, someone who can shoot 3's, dribble, drive, poster dunk, block and rebound. Looked up a YouTube guide and the first guy was spouting usual nonsense... skip skip skip ok followed his build exactly and damn, it's unreal.

6'8 versatile Paint Beast PF.

Great potential in ever area and not just a jack of all trades. I had 10k vc from playing various games so decided to pump him from a 60 to a 65 (got 3's to 70). Still an awful rating but tried him in the G League and absolutely dominated. A+ games, 25+ points, 10+ rebounds, 3-4 blocks per game. Nailing open 3's, driving and dunking and so much fun on defense get blocks and boards. I can only imagine what he'd be like with proper badges and 90 rating. He's so much fun, he has me actually doing the music quest to get VC to pump him up for the draft. I have a ton of games on ps plus to play but any time I've put on the PlayStation, this build is calling me for one more game.

The thing is before this build, I had made a PF with very similar stats and he wasn't a patch on this. The YouTube was able to find the exact numbers to get the most badges and highest stat points in all the areas i was looking for. Been a long time since i made a highlights vid for 2K but I've never had a 65 rated player perform like this. I used Rebirth to get some badges from the off, only than starting a brand new build and getting to 65.

If anyone wants to try it out, here the is the build vid before.

So, did a bit of grinding with my PF, finished the music quest which went quicker than I remembered. Came out with about 50kvc from the whole thing, got my player to 73 which is still a shyte number (you gotta get at least 85 before you can start playing online or people will drop off the spot if you're on it.) Anyway, simmed a bunch of games until I was traded to the Bulls and had my first game with them. Absolutely dominated and was a ton of fun. Upgrading is starting to get slow though. I'm getting about 1100 vc per game but I couldn't be bothered going through the awful fashion quest and my 73 rating is too low to compete online. Definitely a fun build though. I'd prefer better handling like Durant which my guy does NOT have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Any reason you got rid of that build video? Was going to send it on to the young lad but the chap in the video mentions it's only for next gen players?

Videos above are still there, look like something else is missing? Yeah that's for next gen but there are a lot of build videos for last gen as well. This one looks like it will be a similar build on last gen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Top man thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Glad a found this thread, I am finding career next to impossible. Really enjoyed 2K21 and have been playing that for nearly 2 years till I picked this up for free last week. College game lost the first one, G league lost the second game. Made it to the NBA and I am lucky to get 4 points in game. The defence is far too good, or else I’m terrible. Every player can hit threes like Steph Curry in career mode. I’m done with this- back home to 2kK21.

Yeah it's really designed to punish you if you don't splash out on some vc straight away or grind through the awful quests to get vc that way. It's a real pity because once you get to 80 rating, you start playing like an actually nba player and the game is a lot of fun.

Advertisement