Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Wishful thinking !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Site is unusable on mobile with all the pop up notifications every few seconds. I tried changing notifications and it does nothing. I have 1,500 notifications today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭con747

I used to check in every few hours each day but now can't be arsed the way it's gone. Once a day if even with all the feck ups still on the site. Looks like Vanilla sold Boards.ie a flatpack upgrade with all the screws missing and the instructions in a foreign language. A shame the way it's gone.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Looks like it won’t hit 2,000 notifications for today. 1,739 is fairly close though. Anyone know how to actually sort it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,893 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Mr Popular !! 😀

My highest was 400 something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

#Carnica #Tippex #Faugheen

It has been as challenging for mods as general users. The reported post used to sort posts by forum and the mods would get an email informing them. Since the migration this does not happen so mods need to go through every reported post on the site (which is a lot) to find the ones relevant to them. You can see how this is problematic. Any mod actions I have performed since the migration are issues that I came across by reading threads or was contacted directly about.

If there is anything from any of my categories that you think needs immediate attention can you pm me and I can have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I've mentioned this before, in the context that vanilla is very isolating... but the former boards feature that allowed us to view all current users in the forum is helpful, especially for tournaments, games and reveal threads. Such threads are best when the group is actively participating, so knowing players are around helps hosts to know when to begin or wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

any chance of a fix for the notifications yet?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I have at least one thread that im not recieving notifications from at all, despite both posting in it and having it bookmarked, this site just is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

how do you find out who the mods for a forum are? I've reported posts and nothing has been done. I presume they have been missed because of the poor mod tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I reckon a lot of mods and admins have simply given up.

The "CEO" certainly seems to have done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Please bring back the my forums drop down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Gormal

Go to your profile, notifications setting and untick the boxes? https://www.boards.ie/profile/preferences/insert your user name

But I still think it's a site glitch that needs fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Only way to know the role of any user is by seeing a post created by them or by visiting their profile or if they make it known. Only the first posts in a thread have the roles under the username, i.e. Registered Users or Moderator +Categories. Staff being the exception as they have a special tag above their placeholder rating, which actually doesn't need to be there at all as staff have boards.ie in their username.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea having mods put their categories into the signature temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I only log in now for updates for fantasy NFL leagues that are about to start up, and finding those is such a chore that if it wasn't for them, I'm certain I wouldn't come back at all. It's just such a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Can we please get the bold / unbold on 'My Threads' for the desktop site. It's making the site very hard to use, and this should be a quick win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

silence from the admins "State of the site and ongoing issues - Updates 13-08-21 16:49"

Post edited by expectationlost on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Yep.

Horrific to see such a blatant disregard for the site, its history and meaning to people, and to the user base.

I've said it before, but whoever signed off on this site and the deal with Vanilla needs an absolute pasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

A month of silence.

No timeline if they are going to fix the multiple problem or anything.

Forever Version 1.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm no longer getting notifications when someone quotes one of my posts. Anyone else seeing this? Only been happening for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Just back from 3 weeks holidays. When I left I thought, "sure it'll all be grand when I get back". I was wrong

I've like a million notifications for threads I don't even follow. Most thanked is still not working which was the starting point of my day

I wonder how much traffic on the site has fallen and it's honestly crap now - I've found the 'My bookmarks' link under the avatar and so can see that there's hardly any movement on the threads I do follow

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Evening all.

Vanilla are still working on the notifications issue I'm afraid. I have asked them to roll back whatever update caused it to happen and to look at an actual fix after that instead of you getting inundated with notifications any longer.

My Forums is still something we are working on but is not a Vanilal feature so something we have to create ourselves. It'll be done but just not ready yet.

Site slowness seems to still be an issue for some, not sure if that was just today or other days too.

Finally, we switched on tagging today so when you start a new thread you have the option to tag it with keywords to help other users find it more easily via search. The tags will also display on the bottom of the post. You won't be forced to add tags but the option is there. There are a lot of tags saved there from previous, (much) older threads. I have removed the worst of them (I think & hope) but if anything dodgy is suggested to you as a tag, please let me know. I can edit or delete them easily enough. A list of popular tags are also displayed at the very bottom of the homepage on mobile.

Sorry there isn't more of an update, we'll have more for you next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

How about some contrast!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Is anonymous posting still a thing on certain fourms, if so can anyone tell me how to do it?

Doesn't seem to be in the "how to use new boards" post.

Thanks in advance.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You can't at the moment. The mods are listed by category now rather than by forum. I wouldn't know whose who myself only that I have my own spreadsheet set up listing all the mods

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Esel

No, the advice now is to set up a temp new account if you need to post anonymously.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭sporina

oh how I still miss old boards.. this is painful.. oh to be able to search for a topic in particular or your own posts 😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

It would more in their line to fix what's broken first instead of pricking around with notifications and tags.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement