Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can I get rid of the two stickies at the top of the home page on the Touch site?

One re access to the soccer forum (no interest).

And one a guide on how to use the new site, which doesn't seem to have been updated in a good while (and really should have additional posts if there are updates, rather than having to read the whole long post again and again, trying to spot if anything new has been added or changed).

For stickys, click the gear icon and select dismiss, sticky gone

Found that one out by accident lol

Also found out its irreversible

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Shouldn't "Notify me when someone likes my post" be an option under Notification setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The same people offended by this were calling the staff minions and **** on them so frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

• Advertisement

Looks like devs have been prioritizing mod tools, vs. cleaning up the front end, which frankly makes an abundance of sense, this site only ever worked best because of the moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can I just point out (for the umpteenth time, I'm sorry for repeating myself) that the desktop site is still really, really slow?

I was on two fast-moving chatty threads again for the first time today - the Olympic opening ceremony one, and Pointless this evening - and it's nigh on impossible to keep up with things.

The Touch site on mobile seems to be a lot faster - but for me, typing is a pain without a keyboard - so it's Hobson's choice, really. Makes chatty, speedy threads a bit of a nightmare.

Please, please could the issue of slow loading pages on the desktop site be addressed?

Thank you!

Uh? There have always been stickies/announcements like this for mods. Under vBulletin, you just likely never saw any given your permissions. I only stopped seeing any after returning my banhammer earlier in the year.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Odhran
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi all

This evenings update is a bit late as we are working on some live issues right now. Please find today’s update below :

• We will be talking the site down momentarily at 2am to resolve some dns issues. Some users might be effected for a short period of time.
    • Various mod tools enabled ( not complete functionality which will be finalised next week)
    • Reduced gap above pictures embedded in posts
    • Mobile: fixed issue where the group leaders list expanded beyond the confines of the page, now wraps around onto a second line
    • Mobile: Reduced width of datatable which was spilling beyond page width
    • Fixed contrast in user popup when click on avatar - smaller screens displayed it as white
    • ads.txt issue resolved
    • Created JS hack to display post date and time on older posts in thread view (previously it would just show date) and anything posted on current day will show time of post
    • Updated admin permissions across the site
    • Site speed issues escalated and being reviewed
    • Users unable to access their profile editing options (including notification preferences) fixed
    • Latest Post Date (migration issue) fixed. Several discussions still showing wrong dates on the site but correct in the database. Likely a caching issue
    • Groups content missing for some admins fixed
    • Private categories issues (Politics Cafe ++) fixed
    • Fixed notifications missing ( migration issue)
    • A key issue is navigation on mobile - We have submitted the PR which was ’s approved and pushed live - but there is a conflict preventing it from being seen which is currently being worked on. We hope that gets resolved shortly.
    • My forums / threads also pending push to live - we hope this is also live shortly.

Thanks again everyone for sticking with us as we resolve these issues. We are making good progress and you’ll hopefully see them over the weekend.

Many thanks

Odhran

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Have to say this is a disaster for Me - the old site was perfect and I loved it.

new site is unusable I’ve barley been on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Polar101

I think this was asked before, but I can't find it.. if you write something in the comment box but don't actually post it, the comment stays saved forever. How can you clear it? I've tried deleting the saved drafts, but that only seems to clear the latest version, not the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭John mac

whats with all the space ,,, ?? where are my forums , ?

(i use a desktop to peruse the forums )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Users unable to access their profile editing options (including notification preferences) fixed

I cannot see any profile editing options, where are they? They are not found by clicking on the profile icon.

Edit - ok, found it, I was clicking on the icon in the top bar, not on the one on the left.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

After you click your avatar is there a blue drop down bar below it? The option shows up for me when I click that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes thanks, there is, and the edit profile is there now. I just got into it through the avatar under my name and it all seems to have caught up 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

There's a workaround/css hacks thread in Feedback which will help you get this whitespace back!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Just popped into the After Hours forum, can only see the first page of 34 threads, no further page links available, top or bottom. Same for desktop and mobile.

• Advertisement

After hours really should be fixed. It hasn't had a pager since the migration.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Still no drop down menus or my forums option?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,470 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Still so much wasted space

Why does post time get its own dedicated line of text, yet the date isn't included?

The date is included now, just not for the current date:

• "Created JS hack to display post date and time on older posts in thread view (previously it would just show date) and anything posted on current day will show time of post

" - Odhran

Scroll up to yesterday posts and you will see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

My Forums doesn’t exist on mobile does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I had a look at that JS hack for the time and dates.. so over-engineered. It can be done with a few lines of CSS!

Also can you please please fix pagination for mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Time is still not in 24-hour format, though. Considering that that's the default format for computer time, someone's gone to the trouble of translating it into an obsolete AM/PM format and not given us the option of using the modern version!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I can’t see any notable improvements since last night’s down time. The site is still as slow as Christmas. What is actually going on?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm noticing significant speed improvements today. The My Bookmarks page is still very slow to load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭Damien360

Notifications still showing random rubbish for me even though I have my preferences down to two unrelated settings. Getting notifications for richersounds posting in forum (not just thread) for various users. My two settings below.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement