Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 10 : Silverstone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yes. As you highlight, I'm accurately describing the general f1 fan opposition to change.

It's just the natural evolution of anything which goes form being cutting edge to old hat. F1 used to be the sport for peopep who dream.about the possibilities the future could hold. Now technology has caught up and f1 fans' demographics are older and they tend to dream about the past. I'd say the majority of posters believe f1's heyday is in the past.

Imagine that there was was a time when the average f1 fan was the kind of person who embraced change and believed the heyday lay in the future. Hard to imagine that attitude when you read these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Big fan of generalisation are you? I suppose you agree with the other big generalisation being pedalled in relation to the sprint (not sprint race mind you because it's not a race). Young people, ALL young people have the attention spans of goldfish and can't sit through a grand prix. I don't agree with that, I think people will sit through a grand prix if it's entertaining. That's F1's real problem, keeping it entertaining, that necessitates a closer more competitive field, cars that can follow closely to enable overtaking opportunities, and multiple teams capable of fighting for wins. Sprint, on the face of it doesn't address any of this. Hence it appears to most sensible F1 fans to be a bad idea. I'm not opposed to change, I'm opposed to change for the sake of it where as you seem to think any change is good no matter what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

looking at your assumptions and opinions of other contributors to this thred, I take it your the troll around here.

The old format worked because it had a structured purpose.

Friday was to set the car up.

Saturday was final setup before the main event which is qually.

Sunday is the accumulation of knowledge applied and the success of the team in applying the knowledge in the race.

This system has been established through trial and error over many, many generations of fans, engineers and drivers of F1.

The fans have a vested interest in this sport we love. Fan's like myself structure my weekends around the sport as I have been doing for the last 30+ year's.

We are not the single race of homogeneous conformists you seem to imply we are. We are the sport and we will be here long after liberty media and sky fukc off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well if that is the case I hope they refine the weekend then. As I said above have FP 1 , 2 and 3 on a Friday then have qualifying and the sprint race on a Saturday and and the race as usual on a Saturday. Actually I even think having the Sprint race first on Saturday would be better with quali after it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have to say I'm enjoying the C4 coverage this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The Sprint race is nearly upon us now lads. Aren't you excited to see it unfold right in front of your eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭klose

Horner and Aston Martins principle saying they both plan to go for it in the sprint race.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm looking forward to the sprint race. It's something unknown. The drivers and teams that have nothing to lose will push. The other teams will be cautious so this could end up being quite battly. It could force other teams to react from threats behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Anyone with nothing to lose like mazepin will likely be doing a torpedo act in this sprint race. Should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So the haas at the back could end up not at the back because it’s position on the track not time.

Ooooh. Those are lovely new graphics & aerial shots of Silverstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,694 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Bottas on the soft tyres.

edit: and a used set at that.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Lots of different tyre setups. I think some teams are testing out split strategies for the race tomorrow. I have a gut feeling this is going to be really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

Whatever about the format, I am enjoying some Saturday afternoon f1 with a can in hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Track looks absolutely roasting

Ms

Well this should be interesting.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

it does but I’d say the drivers are swearing bullets in the car.

Ms

Hoping Max goes for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I dare say the lads at the back took extra time there hoping for front runners to overheat

• Advertisement

Super from Max

Max with another good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ah brilliant stuff max.

Lewis is keeping him under pressure though

Mazepin has spun out as usual. Look at Alonso at 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Alonso up 6 places off the start, take a bow Fernando

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Belter of a start!

Max was on fire at the start there, literally!

Look at the carbon fibre fire on the front left of Max's car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Advertisement