Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My username causes errors

Options
  • 15-07-2021 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭

Hey, the slashes in my username cause issues like me not being allowed to edit my profile from the profile page (but I can from /edit), can't change my email address, and minor things like that.

The error I get when attempting to change email address is this:

• Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores.

https://boards.ie/profile/%2F%5C%2Follog

Is my profile URL which ends in an error "user not found".

It's supposed to be an N (Nollog) if you just want to change it and ignore the issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Tow

The '\' back slash is probably being treated as an escape character. This is due to sloppy programming by the authors of the new software Boards is running on.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I've updated your username for you so you should be able to update profile. If you run into any issues, let us know here or you can email us at hello@boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I am wondering if the space in my username may be an issue as well? I cannot edit anything within my profile without an error message. If so, feel free to smoosh my name together DejaBoo. (If the space is not the issue, just chalk it up to my technology ineptness.)

Thanks for the "how to manuever the site" thread, in feedback... Off to see if there's threads relating to "things I can't figure out yet." Cheers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement