Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Letter of Rejection

• 15-07-2021 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭

My wife and I want to apply for a mortgage with Rebuilding Ireland. In order to do this We need to get a letter of rejection from 2 banks. We have already got one letter of rejection from Bank of Ireland which was straightforward. I called them up, had a discussion with a representative answering questions like salary, dependents etc and he sent out a letter stating we didn’t qualify as my earnings are too low. Fair enough.

I’m struggling to get through to a second bank to get a second letter of rejection. I had an account with AIB in the past which has expired and my mobile number has since changed so I can’t go into the online portal as they need to send a text to me which will go through to the old number they are saying. I don’t see why they need to use my old details but that’s what they are telling me.

I’m trying to get through to PTSB and have been on hold for 35 mins. Are there any other banks I can go to over the phone/online without having to make an appointment in person.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Have you tried through a broker who can apply to numerous banks at the same time. Some of them don't charge up until you say you are going with one of their options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

I haven’t. Its an option. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Ulster Bank do what’s called an Agreement in Principle over the website. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Advertisement