Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediation

Options
  • 15-07-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Has anyone had any sucessful outcomes from this or wish to share any tips which helped move things along?

We're 5 sessions in and it feels like we are talking around in circles, any solutions I suggest are shot down by ex. I feel like the mediator should be at least guiding us towards workable solutions. Not suggesting sides are being taken at all here but it just seems that if ex says no to something that's the end of it,its off the table and what I might want or need isn't getting any consideration.

For example, we were to share our budgets, I sent mine to both but ex did not. Mediator allowed ex to question my figures even though I did not have sight of theirs, it wasn't until I pointed out that this wasn't fair or equal that the mediator intervened.

For information it is purely financials & ex moving out of the family home we are trying to sort, access / custody was already agreed between us before we entered the process - if that makes any difference

Would appreciate any wisdom from anyone who has been through this process

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Have been there, ex went thro the motions but had no interest from the beginning, if you are planning a legal seperation then use the process for both of you to agree the main issues such as maintenance, access etc. it will be far cheaper in the long run the more you can both agree now.

Advertisement