Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Podcasts

Options
  • 15-07-2021 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Area has grown a lot in the last couple of years

Very interesting podcast with Mickey Harte on the Irish Examiner this week. Considering the reputation he has I felt he spoke quite well.

Also Steven Poacher who I'm not that keen on was good to listen to on OurGame. Chip on his Shoulder maybe but he spoke very well on the lazy analysis surrounding Football.Rightly called out the likes of Spillane and O'Rourke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfZBUIzJLA

Tomas O'Se back too. Looking forward to hearing the chat to Matty Forde.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Looking for GAA Podcast recommendations, Current podcast feed is:

• OTB AM
    • RTE GAA Podcast
    • Colm Parkinsons podcast
    • Irish examiner podcast
    • Paddy and Andrew GAA pod

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Green Peter

The Mayo news Gaa podcast is gas, they are deluded. You would swear they are the ones going for the 7 in a row. They have some guy on who has a mayo gaa blog and he's is a pure sickner. I listen to it just to anticipate the level of disappointment when it eventually comes as it always does.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Irish examiner is good

Irish examiner is good

Irish examiner is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is the Irish Examiner one good?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lillielad

Hasn't off the ball basically been the Mayo GAA podcast for the past few years anyway? They’d puke you at times, bordering on dangerous. Just ask Peter Leahy.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭quidel7

The Mayo News Podcast is as biased and fanatical as you’d expect from Mayo GAA supporters. I enjoy it as someone from outside that county. You can’t fault their passion! Great for counties that have such a podcast. There probably aren’t that many that have a dedicated podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Saw this thread. Hadn't been posted in in a while. But I've been looking for pods during the leagues and found the Irish Examiner football one is good. Paul Rouse goes a bit deep and philosophical at times with his questions but they take it seriously.

Ive had to stop listening to the hurling Irish Examiner one, Dalos one. Your man Landers from cork is a langer, wrecks my head. Too much banter between the lads about horses or dogs or whatever they're all involved in together.

Second captains Gaa pods I think have taken a nosedive since mcvonville went managing Wicklow. Michael Murphy and Paul Flynn are too pally and don't disagree with each other. It was always good to hear mcconville and Flynn disagree.

Good hurling pods to me are as rare as the yeti. I'm not a fan of Jamie Walls analysis, but Malachy Clerkin to be fair is brilliant. So I only occasionally listen to second captains hurling pod.

Off the ball I find is good with the likes of Colm Boyle talking about the leagues results from the weekend etc. But that Football Pod with Paddy Andrews and "Jimmy". Jaysus it's insufferable. I actually like O Donoghue and think he's good. But the other 2 I can't listen to.

Sports Joe one with Darren O Sullivan I think can be good too.

Any other general ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The Gaa Social with Oisín McConville and Thomas Niblock

Advertisement