Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty & The Geek Australia - 2021 Reboot

Options
  • 15-07-2021 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

They've brought back Beauty & The Geek over in Australia after a 7 year hiatus, so technically this is Season 7, but the 2021 Season anyway...

They've changed quite a bit, the old format was quite outdated, but the first three episodes aired last weekend and it's very wholesome and I absolutely loved every second of all three episodes, and any of you who watch Aussie Reality TV, you already know they do Reality Shows very well.

Anyone not familiar with Beauty & The Geek at all, the best way to describe it is, if Love Island wasn't sh*t and had people on it who were actually likeable and interesting.

I recommend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it's good fun alright! Everyone is so wholesome and likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

After the first episode I didn't think I'd be rooting for anyone as much as I was rooting for Mitchell and Ashleigh, they were the early standouts, but then Alexander and Eliza, and Lachlan and Josie all had their moments to shine and now I love them all equally. Frank the wrestlemad doctor is also fantastic. I'm sure as the season goes on more of them will stand out.

Really liked having a few intro episodes to get to know people before people start getting eliminated from the game.

Almost forgot to mention how much I'm enjoying Sophie Monk as the host. Liked the previous hosts back in the day, but they were a bit more wooden and less involved, Sophie really adds to the format.

Shut up, I'm not crying, something just went in my eye.

The eliminations are going to be an absolute killer all season, really don't want to see anyone go home - but I really wish this one had gone the other way.

Still gushing over how wholesome this series is, and I don't think I've ever even used the word wholesome before last week... 😂

My only criticism would be that the elimination challenges are a bit too random and I wish they were more connected to the main challenge or that the rest of the group had to vote off one of the bottom two. Last two episodes I do think the right couples went home, but I'm still salty about that first elimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭PogoRach

Nice that the season only ran for 4 weeks so it never felt too drawn out at any point. Delighted with the winners, anyone who wasn't brought to tears during their speech needs to have a word with themselves because they're clearly dead inside. 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

What channel is this on? Loved the original aussie version

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭PogoRach

It's on channel 9 in Australia... Don't think anywhere this side of the pond is showing it yet.

Advertisement