Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

further down echo/ ring rabbit hole, assistance required please

Options
  • 16-07-2021 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

short version of events.

elderly mother wanted video doorbell ( cant always get downstairs to answer door) and required handheld monitor to view who might be turning up at door. fixed screen not a runner as she needs video monitor to be mobile .

she struggles to use her smart phone aside from making/ taking calls and even this causes her confusion at times.

bought Ring video doorbell 3 with chime and Echo show to link in as a monitor.

holy mother of dog, perhaps I'm so behind with this technology but I haven't got a clue how to pair devices to make this work.

mother has not got an Amazon account nor understands how to use Alexa ( nor do I to be fair ).

i must be doing something very wrong as it appears we need lots of accounts ( Amazon/ alexa/ google just to set it up and make devices compatible)

it is really this complicated?

can anyone save us from our tech phobia and help us navigate this mess?

many thanks in advance

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Advertisement