Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

richy rich going to space with bezo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

We poor people have to eat grass and walk on foot instead of driving because otherwise we will destroy Earth with our selfishness.

Reach people don't have to give a fox about Earth, climate, equality and poor people in general. They are rich half-gods.

I only wonder if I dont waste my time here and there will be anyone reading this, because new forum is completely user unfriendly...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thanks zom, forgot about this.

Watch it live on https://www.blueorigin.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭briany

Shur, the Soviets and Yuri Gargarin did this over 60 years ago. I think we're all watching this on the off-chance that if Jeff Bezos gets vaporised, we're in on the ground floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

“Alexa, where’s Jeff Bezos at”?

”Jeff Bezos is in smithereens”

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Strapping themselves to a ballistic missile so they can have 4 minutes of weightlessness

What can possibli go wrong?

Honestly, this adds absolutely nothing of value to human kind and these people are just d1cks (with the possible exception of the woman who trained but never got to go into space but she's just there for PR anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

I must admit I haven't done a lot for humankind today either.

Unless making breakfast for my son and bringing the dog for a walk counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The whole thing looked fairly haphazard if you could say that.....

The lads in black looked like Bond villain henchmen..

The post landing and the hatch opening was extremely choreographed to the point where it just looked ridiculous.

Technically they were in space, but in reality they weren't.....

Go up and do a full orbit, and it'll be impressive... Go up and dock with the ISS, and it will be an engineering feat..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Incorrect.

The Soviets went up into orbit, did a full lap, and returned.

Todays flight just mimicked what the American's first manned flight 'to space' was, up and straight back down.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Glad to have helped in sending civilians up to space.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Expected to be an anticlimax and didn’t fail to deliver.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Theses are just fun rides, up and down. If you want zero g then it is far cheaper and lasts a lot longer on one of the zero g aircraft. This is all about the view and the exhilaration of speed. These flights will become cheaper and it will lead to better vehicles for long distance travel and hopefully access to space for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Well if you have the money, why not?

Im sure there are lots of people in very poor parts of the world who would consider you rich beyond belief, with your fancy holidays and shoes and socks and your free education and a roof over your head :)

Should you not ever ride on a plane just because they dont have the money to to that themselves?

"Well if you have the money, why not?"

If you have money you can do much worse things than flying to space. Question is if this is correct and ethical.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Captain Kirk finally gets to "space" next week. Not a fan of Bezo or his companies, but they know how to get publicity. Launching on a suborbital hop next Sat 12 Oct.

Advertisement