Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My eyes, the brightness burns; where is the dark mode?

Options
  • 16-07-2021 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering where have you hidden the toggle switch for the Dark mode?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Same, really miss dark mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

+1

can forgive all the rest.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,300 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There isn't one. Niamh said before the migration that it would be one of their priorities after go-live because so many people asked for it. I'm genuinely amazed at how many people are clamouring for it, personally I hate dark screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Install Dark Reader extension for your Browser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Tried it. Slowed things down to a crawl. Uninstalled immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I'm envious of your perfectly functioning retinas.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,300 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I wouldn't be too envious, they're far from perfect, I'm blind as a bat without my rather strong glasses. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Is dark mode coming, I hardly post/read without it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My iPad brightness is at about 15% of max currently.... dark mode is less harsh on the eyes, less tiring to browse boards it would be most desirable.

that said they otherwise I’m liking the new look, features... so thanks to all who contributed..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Has dark mode arrived yet?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, not you still have to use a browser extension which sucks because I like to use chrome but unfortunately on android, you can't install browser extensions, so I have to use Firefox on my phone instead. It was a massive oversight not to include it when migrating the site to a new platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Seriously, June 2022. No Dark mode. Brutal. My 28" bright screen makes the site look terrible. and no - not installing browser extensions to deal with it. Hope its on a backlog somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

I've installed the Adblock browser on my phone and forced it to have dark mode permanently. I use it for boards exclusively. The shockingly intrusive ads and unwillingness to even entertain introducing dark mode made me do it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement