Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky sports fantasy football 21/22 race to 50k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Yeah all looks fine-the one fixture I’m still unsure of is the United Brentford game. I’m looking at two possible paths:

1. Gallagher (who I don’t have yet but will pick up for his single match day) to one of Fred or Eriksen
    2. Salah (who I also don’t have but will have by the Everton game) to Fernandes/Ronaldo for 2 games and then back to Salah again.

neither option overly appealing. Option 3 I suppose is Pope to De Gea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

I will have Gallagher back in for the Leeds match anyway. Fed up of Raphinha and his 2 pointers! Not sure about United at all. I have no faith in them. Probably De Gea. I can see most of my remaining transfers involving goalkeepers looking at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pope to De Gea to Ederson is a nice daisy chain (City have one extra fixture to schedule either that midweek or the following one). Or to Allison, Ramsdale or Mendy depending on funds/preference. All with extra fixtures and decent potential for gains as opposed to just keeping De Gea.

Yeah I was having a look at teams with the most fixtures from 8th May-teams with 4 fixtures left at that point (versus all other teams with only 2 or 3 fixtures left):

Arsenal

Villa

Chelsea

Everton

Leeds

Leicester

Man City

Arsenal and City are the most appealing to me from that list. I might look at a city block defensive 4 at the back from that point (Cancelo, Laporte, Ederson, and Dias if he is back for from his hamstring injury)

How many transfers do you have left? You must be comfortable enough with it because that is a few transfers.

From that list of teams I would have 6 left after taking out Ramsdale tonight as well as having some Liverpool so not so much to do there. Fairly certain I am bringing Leicester coverage. Ederson is definitely an option. A lot to be said for chaining goalie transfers together as manual_man has said above.

• Advertisement

I have 9 transfers left. I already have Cancelo and Laporte so just a case of using 2 transfers to get Dias and Ederson in.

I’m not fully sure yet on Leicester-good fixtures and Maddison hitting a bit of form, but surely going to be a good bit of rotation if they progress in Europe?

I'd see how they get on tomorrow and work it out from that. I would be looking to get in Maddison anyway. Tielemans seems to have turned into Raphinha. Both players on fire at the start of the season and a damp squib now.

Who would your 5th defender be or are you going 4-4-2 or 4-3-3? I am 5-3-2 now and probably sticking with it.

yeah I’m on a 5-3-2 and will most likely stick with that until the end of the season. 5th defender is Gabriel which will become Matip later this month (in for the Everton match)

Fraser off after 13 minutes. There may be trouble ahead :)

I got lucky with Guimaraes instead. I will probably keep him until the switch to Gallagher for the single game day

• Advertisement

I am just leaving it now and playing it out till Liverpool play United. Where I am people keep making transfers. Not much damage done in the top 10 to me, 2nd had a Newcastle defender and so did 7th. Not sure anyone really got anything out of last night to be honest. Have to see if Fraser is a serious injury but if he is he is an easy switch to someone else.

See you are 20th now. Told you you would move towards the end of the season!

I think 9th and 10th (from last night) didn’t hae anyone for that match so it’s likely they are running low on transfers.

Yeah I’ve had a good bit of momentum recently-a few Salah goals would put a stop to that!

Raphinha scores after taking him out for Gabriel on Monday who of course lets in a goal after letting in 3 against Palace. Having some run at this all of a sudden!

After today I think you are a cert for the top 10! You must be doing well in the monthly competition. The top 2 have Kulusevski so that hasn't helped me at all.

I was very close to captaining Son again but definitely can’t complain. The general outlook on Son being good at home while Kane is better away swung it for me. Top 10 would be great-that was my aim at overhaul.

Im 1038 for the month.

Tricky captain choice for tomorrow-thinking of VVD, purely based on him being the lowest owned of all captain options I have tomorrow. What are you thinking captaincy wise tomorrow?

I am not sure, I am trying to work out what score it would be. I have Salah but not sure if he scores. Anyone with Son in the top 10 (which isn't many) I am fairly certain don't have Salah so they will be on a defender anyway. I don't think many have multi-Liverpool/City defence either. Laporte or VVD maybe because of the higher probability of passing bonus.

Lad in 3rd has asked people on twitter how many transfers they have left (without divulging his own!). Interesting reading 🙂

Weekend started off poorly with Willock the latest recent acquisition to bum out on me. In any case I moved him swiftly on to Rudiger and got a nice 13pts there straight away. Kane/Son/Kulu triple up paid off nicely on Saturday. Captained Kane like most. Rise to 243rd - just the 7 transfers left now though so have to use wisely and hope for a little luck on the injury front (I'll almost certainly have zero left by final gw). 2nd team is on a bit of a decent run lately up to 671st thanks largely to Son captain... 9 transfers left there. This is my favourite part of the season.

You've been very unlucky with transfers the last while. At least Rudiger is a sure thing.

Think it's another weekend hiding under the sofa at having only Kane off Spurs. It is what it is. People will have to make a decision betwen premium defence and having a big three up front going forward because Son is not cheap. I think when the Liverpool/City/Chelsea clean sheets start rolling in the fun will begin. At some point Son will stop scoring I hope!

Son is must have IMO. If anything Salah's form merits selling him more. Though with someone like Ramsey in midfield it's possible to keep the big 3 up front though obviously you're limited to 4 at the back then as opposed to 5.

• Advertisement

I can't justify having both Kane and Son to be honest as I want 5 at the back. Still think a big back 5 is the way to go. If I got Son in it would be Kane gone and as we have seen, Kane normally gets man of the match in Sky even when he hasn't scored. 4 of the top 5 don't have Son and I don't think they will change their teams around to get Son in. Big call not to have Salah. Don't want to have a particularly weak midfield either.

Happy enough with that. Leaving my team alone till next weekend and playing it out. Expect to drop a little further behind. Hopefully people use up their transfers in the meantime!

Might be getting to the stage where you need to make one or two bold moves to challenge for the top spot

I think a bold move for me at the movement is to save my transfers and hang onto them for later on. Transfer count very low now for a lot of people. Can see a lot of people running out well before the end of the season. Any injuries to big players and people are in trouble.

First on captain Guimaraes like myself. I’m making progress in the leagues but the gap from me to first has remained pretty much the same. He seems to be nailing most of his transfers

First guy has it won. Hasn't put a foot wrong. Fairly certain he has more than average transfers.

You aren't that far behind me now. Great call on Guimareas. I haven't got my midfielders right at all the last while. Was getting them all right at the start. Will have to sort that out for next season.

I think those in the top 10 who have been there for a while have 5 or 6 transfers left and the new players who moved into it the last few weeks have hardly any. People had to use the transfers to gamble to catch up but will now have to hang onto those players going forward.

I’d say you probably have more transfers than the guy at the top so still doable to catch him. Just need one right captain call to close a lot of the gap.

Yeah midfielders have been tricky to nail-I’ve just got lucky there recently. Original plan was to move Guimaraes onto Gallagher for the single game day but will probably now keep Guimaraes for the rest of the season.

I still haven’t fully committed to my no Salah plan-will see how he gets on against United (if he starts-still seems to have a bit of foot injury/swelling).

Post edited by thunderdog on

1st, 2nd, 4th, 8th have Salah anyway. 6th doesn't. Don't know about the others. Do you have any views on United, they have moved the Chelsea match to the 28th so they have a lot of matches in a short space of time.

On United, I think I’d prefer another Chelsea player instead. Can’t see United getting too many goals against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

• Advertisement

I think that's my way of thinking. I think I am going sensible differential from hereon in I think. Apart from United I am covered for the rest of the season so I can afford to take a few sensible risks. The only way to move up.

Advertisement