Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PV array, inverter oddity

Options
  • 16-07-2021 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Just finished installing a 6.8KW array (17 x Longi 400W). Belter of a day here, sun directly over head, perfect angle, no clouds, can't get the input over 5.9KW. Was on to SMA and they say the inverter I have (SB 6.0) can take up to 9000W on the input side but only put out a max of 6KW to the grid. This is looking like I am losing ~ 800W somewhere?

Any ideas? no shading, everything else looks good!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Was on to SMA and they say the inverter I have (SB 6.0) can take up to 9000W on the input side but only put out a max of 6KW to the grid. 

There you go, the max it can output is 6kW, 5.9 from a 6kW inverter is normal. - You'll never pass 6kW.

It can take 9000W of panels, -perfect for over sizing arrays for less than perfect weather - you dont gain anything on the peak of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

Surely it should register more than 6.0KW on the DC input side but not more than 6.0KW on the AC out put side?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

No, not necessarily, if it's not being used.. it's not generated. - otherwise that excess would have to go somewhere - as heat.,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

5.9 from 6.0 inverter, happy days, everything working as expected

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement