Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to's and tips and tricks on the new version of Boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Can I change the settings so the boards.ie header (logo, discussions, categories, groups, etc bar) isn't always at the top of ym browser and only shows when I scroll to the top of the page/when I hover over it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sorry, but no, there's no such option that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Any news on what happened to signatures ? I only twigged yesterday that mine was missing, so looking back through historic posts - back 10 years - my signature is gone from those too.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

You may have them switched off on your profile @galwaytt you can switch them back on by going to Signature Settings.

On mobile:

Tap on your profile pic on the top right of any page

Select 'Edit Profile'

Scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Signature Settings'

If 'Hide signatures always' or 'Hide signatures on my mobile device' are selected, deselect them and click Save.

On desktop:

Click on your profile pic on the top right of any page

Click on your username to open your profile

Click on this menu on the right:

Select Signature Settings

If 'Hide signatures always' or 'Hide signatures on my mobile device' are selected, deselect them and click Save.

Having said all of that, I don't see a signature set up on your account so you can also do that in Signature Settings.

• Advertisement

that's what I don't understand - I've had the same signature since approx January 2008 on (10k?) posts, so where did that signature go ?

If I could see an old post (10yrs?) I could copy/paste it into my profile now, but its seems to have stripped every post back to 2008 of it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

It was probably lost when we changed to the new platform last year, have you only just noticed it was missing recently? Old posts will still only display your current signature I'm afraid.

Well, I just went looking, and this post I started, with 9.6k reads, and 84 posts ............has 'lost' the first 61 posts and ALL the original (20+) pages..... so neither my actual post, nor my signature, is there: where did that all go ?

Here's another I wrote in 2011. Not only is my signature gone, but it's 'written back' the one I just put in as my signature over it (today)....

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2056231888/so-at-the-weekend-i-went-to-disneyland-sorry-bmw-welt#latest

Ode To The Motorist

As I said in my post above, any post will only show your current signature - it's not part of the post text and will change every time you change your signature just as your username would change on old posts if you changed that too.

I'm not sure what you mean by 61 posts being lost? Can you remember 61 posts that are no longer there or is there something you are looking at to give you that idea?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement