Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcock - Bin services

• 16-07-2021 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I am moving to Kilcock in the next few days, and am trying to get all the services ready for when we get there. One of the last items to get organised is a bin service.

Does anybody have an idea of who provide bin servicees in the general area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

In Maynooth, and presumably in Kilcock as well, there's:

Bord Na Mona (formerly AES)

Thorntons

Panda

possibly others too, but those 3 are all used in my estate anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gloucester

Yep the three providers above serve Kilcock

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NCC1701

I was with AES for years. A litany of missed collections and ever increasing prices. At the end of my time with them, I was paying about €400 a year for a patchy service at best. I moved to Thorntons last year and in the past 12 months, they've never missed a collection, my bin is left back at my driveway (I'd have to go hunting for it up the road with AES) and they're far cheaper, €80 once off payment a year and €10.75 for a general waste bin lift and €1.75 for recycling bin. In total, I paid €200 in bin collections last year, half of what AES was charging me. My advice is shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I had to leave AES due to poor service, Thorntons have been mostly hassle-free.

Advertisement