Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Doesn't count as missing functionality but I just noticed timestamps are local time now. How nice. But I was sort of used to translating everything to GMT, seemed fitting for an Irish board. Could we have the local and the Irish time? That would be neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,332 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I prefer a 24hr clock.

Set up a poll. It should be simple enough these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,206 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Full date and timestamp on every post is badly needed.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭GBX

This morning I got notified of new posts in some threads, but not all I am subscribed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Single page in Motors main category, see screenshot below.

That's entire page, just ads cropped a bit.

Opera on Win7 x64, all addons/extensions off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

1. Legacy thanks on posts have disappeared.
    2. No in-thread search function.
    3. No search function for posts by a particular user on a thread.

Unregistered Users

Attachments uploaded pre-downgrade are not accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,574 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can't start a sentence with a number or it automatically turns it into a numbered list. eg. if I try type [ 15. FFF ] on a new line (without the brackets), the following will happen:

1. FFF

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is it not possible to search a single forum any more? The old search wasn't great, but the new search seems even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I like these 3 little dots that appear at the top of some threads, and only give the option "Dismiss"

like a button that says "do not press"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

all "boards.ie" business links at the bottom of the page bring you to "page not found"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Worse still they don't show in older threads. They either didn't make the migration or the links to them are broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I see two different post counts on my profile beside my posts.

It only seems to be noticeable because I started a thread.

Those apply to stickied posts and basically allow you to unsticky those posts for yourself. Not a good option to give as it relates to forum charters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Surely the list of threads in the My Forums subsection should be sorted by Latest Post, rather than alphabetically by forum?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm probably in the minority but I prefer it sorted by forum name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

There's no "Search Thread" function which was something I used all the time in megathreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Tried to report a post for quote a massive wall of text needlessly. Got the attached error popup.

no idea if the report went through or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,332 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

By looking at the screenshot you only have one 🌟 (whatever that's about) they've given me three stars even though I joined about four years after you and have only a quarter of your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That doesn't fit in with the Vanilla "philosophy". This isn't a discussion site any more, it's an even more broken version of Reddit where all that matters is what's been posted in the last five minutes, no search, no history, no context.

And that above is a totally different post to the one I hit Quote on. WTF is going on??

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

There is no way to avoid quoting a massive wall of text...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The desktop site only shows one star regardless of post count, whereas the mobile site shows the correct number. If you got a notification to say you were promoted to level 3 you should have 3 stars.

Postcount variations are because posts on some forums weren't counted on the old site, but are here. No idea why the 2 different tallies are showing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Has the search feature not always been absolutely atrocious?

I search for threads with the term "apple" in them, and instead of getting the threads that mentioned apples yesterday, last week and last month, I get search results from 8, 10, 12 years ago?

And in most cases if you hit "newest first" all of the results disappear... it should default to 'newest first' anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

there is a very easy way... simply don't quote it at all!

Unregistered Users

@Boards.ie: Odhran

While AH paging's fixed, why not Motors too?

When posting on iOS Safari, I’m finding that the website (not the browser) freezes and lags, especially on longer posts.

It will suddenly stop accepting text and then start again and then just go totally unresponsive and have to be reloaded. It might, or might not, still have the text I just entered after the refresh.

Overall, it’s a very frustrating experience to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

On Chrome on desktop version.

New post, or replying to a post.

Type the "greater than" symbol, followed by a number, then the percentage sign. So a sentence like "greater than [but using the symbol] 80% of people think this new interface is shite!" Keep typing, and the symbol-number-percentage disappear, and whatever you're typing has now become a quote block.

Further testing, it looks like using the "greater than" symbol and a space causes this to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Are posts on a thread supposed to be displayed in time order ?

I made a post just now and it is showing as

Hopefully you can make that out...it seems that my post made at 6.36pm is bracketed by posts made at 4.11pm and 4.12pm

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement