Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porcelain for patio - DIY

Options
  • 17-07-2021 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I m planning DIY job for porcelain tiles on my patio. I have done DIY indoor tiling but first time outdoor. I would have used flexi adhesive likes of technik rapid set flexible but patio is not level and in need to level it up with minimum 3.5inches. I m planning to use sand with portland cement 1:4 ratio.

Problem I have is to find primer for my porcelain tiles available in Ireland but I can not find anything. My local builder gave me Evo-Stik Primer 918 but I think its wrong product for this job.

I also watched couple of videos on YouTube about primer and not to prime, I would love to hear your opening before I end up in horror situation :)

Example video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ecECF8s1go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭vintcerf

diy'd this a few weeks ago. like you said, there is pretty much no primer around - I used sbr and cement to back butter the tiles. laid the first few tiles mixing manually and it was a pain so get yourself a mixer if you can(or rent). the tricky bit was to get the right mix texture. i went with 4 sand and 1 cement. luckily for me, i didn't have to cut any tiles .... best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bumblebee22

i have used sbr with cement as well. i have to do rest of the area and i m getting mixer for this. did you use any plasticizer to make mix workable?

Advertisement