Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got chicken in my veg curry

Options
  • 17-07-2021 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Was staycationing the other week and ordered a veg curry in the hotel restaurant.

It was a pretty awful curry and was made even more awful when I discovered I was chewing on some chicken - I'd eaten some and then Found a nugget of chicken in the dish.

I work in hospitality so I didn't want to make a big deal about it... I know family and friends who would have vomited.

Anyway, discussed it with the manager, who was very apologetic, he asked how I wanted to resolve the issue.

I said I'd pay for the drinks but not the food (mine, wife or kids) which he was happy enough with. I could probably have avoided the drinks bill as well.

Anyone else experience similar?

On a separate note, the vegetarian options were bland or bad in every place we went.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah things like that sometimes happen, places aren't careful enough, usually give people free food or a voucher and free meal etc.

Some restaurants are very bad for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It’s happened to me in a restaurant once and multiple times with deliveries.

It’s gotten to the stage now where I go through my food with a fine tooth comb before eating it to make sure there is no chicken, lamb or other lumps of meat in there.

Advertisement