Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Super Wifi or Ubiquiti

• 17-07-2021 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Was about to sign up for VF and noticed they have this new super WiFi (or at least new to me).

I have already wired my house and was planning/hoping to install a provider and then hand off to ubiquiti to do the work for me with a couple vlans, waps that type of thing. Is VF Super WiFi any good that I could just switch to that or is Ubiquiti better in the long run (I have most of the kit already, second hand gear so money lost isn't a big concern)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Looks like a mesh system but charging you €5/month for it to manage it...if you have your house wired and your AP's will be wired then go with that, it will be miles better.

Regarding your ubiquiti gear what are you using as a controller

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Vodafone are marketing this as some super new technology. From their website they are just using WiFi extenders, a technology as old as WiFi itself. Unless I'm missing something?

Advertisement