Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's Hot

• 17-07-2021 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭

Oh dear God its hot outside.

I'm loving it though, great day on the beach.

How you handling the heat?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Don't like it meself. Glad to see others are enjoying it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭buried

Grand job. Cuba Libre's in full flow. Keep it up Mothernature.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Surrounded by fat sweltering sweaties and screaming kids on a beach? sounds like a great day alright

I personally fking hate this type of weather .....love a 'fine' day but this? I'd sooner have wind and rain

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It is fabulous but unfortunately no water supply in large area's of the Midlands since 3pm yesterday, a mains burst apparently but my god what a time not to have water supply, horrendous, Irish water working on the problem, could do with a cold shower

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

One of those rare Irish days when I'm actively seeking the shade!

Was up at 7am to catch the morning high tide and even at that hour it was shorts and t-shirt weather.

Seems apt to give this a plug...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1t7OCESUw

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

It's hot. Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kinda hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Deffo.

Poor old dad couldn't take it indoors we've no air con so he's gone to bed very early this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Imagine how much hotter it might be if climate change wasn't a liberal hoax!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,695 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Every window open and fan by my lounger, fridge full of a variety of chilled drinks, cricket on TV, I’ve nowhere to be... heaven.

I’m sitting in the coldest room in the house in my shorts and still roasting. Verging on too hot for me.

I feel bad for complaining considering how crap our weather normally is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Was 30 at 10am.

Was out around South kerry for the day enjoying the scenery.

Currently sitting in the garden at 21C having dinner and watching the landscape of North kerry below me. That sun is still hot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭passatman86

Had to shave the head and beard

Cant stick the heat

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I don't really share in the excitement when the weather is like this. Personally I find it too hot to do anything comfortably. I went in to town earlier to get a few bits and needed a shower after it. I'd never cope if I lived in a warmer climate. I'd much prefer a clear blue sky Autumn day with a bit of a chill in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I’m in my mobile home by a beach. I spent most of the day inside with all the windows open and a fan going. Went down swimming a while ago. It was actually much cooler on the beach than up here, even though it’s only 100m away.

Its currently 11 degrees inside my fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Had a great time though last night photographing the stars until 1.30 am in a T-shirt and shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Mollydog123

Went to mow the grass and lasted about 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

I love the heat when I'm abroad but hate it at home. I find 35 degrees in Italy easier to cope with than 25 degrees in Ireland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Car temperature hit 43.5C earlier

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Love this abroad and more but I don't enjoy it at home.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I found that with the cold. I've been in -20/-25 when I lived in Canada but I never found it as cold as Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Been drinking loads of them with Mrs_bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Cody montana

industrial fan blasting air towards my crotch.

I’ve yard work to do but it’s too warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Big Dragon

Enjoying the garden and pool with the kids , the days the will remember when they grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Roasting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm in the very small minority, but I feckin hate this weather. As a ginger, it was never going to be good for me, but by Jesus the last couple of nights have been horrendous. I work/live nights, so my waking hours are 4pm-9am. At 6am this morning, in shorts and a tshirt at work (at home), I was sweating just sitting there.

Went to the chipper for dinner, pretty sure I got burned in the 10 minutes my arm was in the sun. Skin on my head feels a bit tight, so I'm probably burnt there too, and my head was in the sun less! I had a shower when I got up, and I need another now. I hate this.

Much prefer a freezing winter to this weather, but autumn is my time really. Clear days but low temps. As I always say, it's easy to warm up, it's impossible to cool down. Bring on October! This weather does have one good benefit though, and that's scantily clad ladies. But even today would have been too hot to go for a perv drive.

Advertisement