Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I buy wall stickers?

• 18-07-2021 12:31pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm using the box room as an office. However, there are stickers with cartoon characters on the wall - not a great look for meetings! I've tried removing them but the paint peels off with them. I really don't have the time or energy to repaint, so I'm trying to get other wall stickers to replace those (e.g., flowers). I've tried Homebase as well as Home Stores and More, Argos, localnpaint shops, even furniture shops, no joy (or if they had a few, it was more cartoon characters).

Can anyone suggest a shop or website in Ireland, please? Stencils might do the trick, too.

Thanks.

Post edited by New Home on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,774 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A local sign shop with a digital printer. Or try Done Deal - loads of Irish companies doing vinyl stickers. You could customise them if you go that route and send the sign person PDF's of your chosen graphic. Higher the resolution (300DPI) of the pic the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Are these paper stickers or the wall decals which are plastic and supposedly removal? There is a sticker remover liquid you can get to remove paper stickers from furniture but not sure if it will remove it from a wall. For the wall decals - use a hairdryer to warm up the stickers before you attempt to move them, it may help.

Aldi and lidl do wall decals some times and amazon always have them but google wall decals or wall stickers and you will find a few irish online stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steam iron

Some of the novelty stickers can be removed if you warm them by using a hairdryer. They usually peel off easily after that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks all, I did try with the hairdryer before posting here, but they've been on that wall for years and took part of the paint away with them all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭nickkohl

Have you found a good place to buy them? Just found some cool ideas here but still would like to hear some real life experience. Also my friends recommended me to look around for local print shops that you can get some made. Even places that will custom make some for you. 

Post edited by nickkohl on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Why not use a virtual background, or failing that, green screen, or a physical photographer's backdrop?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Because they'd still be on the wall after the web meeetings are over and the virtual backgrounds use so much CPU I could replace the cooker with the laptop. 🙂

Advertisement