We are adding another update tonight [Fri 23rd July] at 2am. Some users will experience intermittent connection issues to possible down time on the site around that time and the hour or two after. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Sole Trader and PAYE employee at the same time

Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ fredo1664

Hello.

My wife is a PAYE employee. Recently, she started working as a sole trader as a "side" business. She doesn't expect to make much money out of the side business so most of her income will be from her PAYE employer.

We registered her for Income Tax in the MyAccount website, and now she has an access to the ROS website.

What is not very clear for me is, if she will have less than 5000€ taxable income from the side business, and make a normal living out of her day to day job, can she fill her taxes on the MyAccount website or does she have to do that on ROS now, via Form 11?

I guess we should talk to an accountant about all this but since her income from the side business will be low and straightforward, we thought we could manage the taxes ourselves...

If one of you guys could give us an opinion!

Thanks

Comments