Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foreign Birth Registration-Document Errors

• 19-07-2021 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was wondering what I should do with the following errors in the documents that I need to submit to Foreign Birth Registration Office.

Our U.S. death certificates includes the names of the person's parents. I need to provide my grandmother's death certificate but the informant put down the wrong father's name. They got her mother's name correctly.

I looked at my grandmother's obituary (photo copy) and it indicated that the Funeral Mass was at St. Joseph's Catholic Church and Joseph is what the informant put down for her father's name. The obituary includes her siblings

Will providing the obituary (photo copy) with the suggestion that it is informant error in that the person put down the name of the church for the father's name be enough or would I need to do more?

I checked the 1911 Irish Census and her father is not listed only her mother, siblings and uncle. He must have been counted somewhere else.

Another potential error is my grandmother's birth date on the death certificate. It is listed as the 10th of April. The civil birth registration has it as 15th of April and the Baptismal certificate has the birth of 8th of April and the Baptism as 10th of April. My grandmother celebrated her birthday on the 10th of April which is what is listed on the death certificate.

My grandmother was registered by her uncle who was living with the family at the time and so gave the registrar the wrong birth date

Would providing the baptismal certificate be enough to correct this error?

Thank You for your help!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Advertisement