Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seeing many Jellyfish?

• 19-07-2021 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

folks, are ye seeing many Jellyfish around?

Seems to be a few on the Rush South beach, though they are just the Common type (one's with the 4 blue rings in the dome)

Got a couple of stings over the weekend, not painful but very itchy (anti-hists helped)

Seen a few just now also, mentioned it to a mother who had a few young kids in the water with her

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Yeah there were a load last week and this week I found - compass and moon ones mostly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 betarayjay

yeah sure its that time of year they float down moon jellys r ok they dont sting u can handle them, compass on the other hand but seen a report lion's mane have been spotted in Donegal over the weeknd so only a matter of time, sure was mid Aug last year and Seapoint beach was infested with lions mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭smillingsam

Seen a few in Portally Cove outside Dunmore East last week, there were lots of them out there last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The Olympics is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭comete

Loads of compass jellyfish in Enniscrone at the minute, and all floating at the surface because it’s been so calm so far this week.

Whats the general approach with this amount of them? Do people just swim on and if you hit one that’s life, or do you try to avoid them? I’m in a wetsuit (no gloves or boots) and feel like I’m burning more energy looking out for them and trying to avoid them than I’m actually putting into swimming, but some hardy bucks head out in skins and seem to pay no heed to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement