Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop pc advice

Options
  • 19-07-2021 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? €2000 ish

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, COD, Overwatch, Rainbow(think they have new one coming out or maybe that's overwatch)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 42 or above

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? -

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not sure what this is but am open to advice

8. How can you pay? Laser

9. When are you purchasing? In few days

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin 11

It's for my son, I don't have the knowledge for building my own, also don't want the hassle

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Monitors are expensive and uncommon at 42" or above (and most are ultrawide), any chance you meant 24"? Otherwise you are going to make things tough to do something sane as at that sort of size you are likely looking at a 4K monitor (or broadly equivalent ultrawide) so you will also want a quite premium graphics card. Something like a 42" monitor on a desk is generally thought of as too big and I suspect with that list of games at that budget a more normal, smaller, high refresh rate monitor is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

Yeah, was just thinking like tv size 😀, what would you advise based on budget? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

I mean number 1 factor is how close would you be to the screen? Most people are playing at a desk rather than from couch. If you're at a desk a TV would be too big and you'd be better off with a 1440p 144hz monitor but if you want a big TV you'll need to sit back a bit to take it all in

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

Yeah a monitor that will complement the graphics card would be what's best I assume?

Advertisement