Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Going to quit using champix

• 20-07-2021 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

So the time has come again to give you the smokes. I am going to try champix. I have tried everything else. I picked my date and will get them out of my life for good.

Does anyone have any experience giving up with champix?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

Just got the first pack today, how are you getting on ?

The very best wishes DennyPa.

One word of advice. Dont say that you're going to "quit using champix". Instead say "I'm going to stop/I have stopped smoking using champix"

So much of it is psychological, and the word "quit" makes many people feel that they are deprived of something. You're not depriving yourself of anything when you stop smoking. In fact, you are providing yourself with better health/more money.

Stopping smoking is a positive action, and the word "quit" can be seen as negative, so an easy change in how you describe what you are doing, helps a huge amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

thanks for the replies. I plan to start them mid August, have the date in my head and everyday I tell myself Im stopping smoking in August.

Advertisement