Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internal Vs external blinds to reduce solar gain

Options
  • 20-07-2021 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Does anyone have any data on how more affective external blinds are compared to internal blinds with respect to reducing solar gain?

I know external will be better but I don't like the idea of having to go for planning or the look of them unless the solar gain reduction is really worth it compare to internal blinds.

Lived experience would be welcome also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Depends on the colour of your wall and your frames. I don't have the data but I would say that if I lived on continental Europe I would never consider internal. In an Irish climate a tree planted in front of the house might be enough. Depends how prone the house is too overheating. Brise soleil is an option too.

Advertisement